In this episode of Rhodes to Success we cover how to grow your podcast audience. If you implement all the ideas in this episode, and don’t give up after a few months, you will definitely see your audience grow. During this episode, we discuss online and offline marketing, as well as networking.
Key Lessons Learned:
- Your website must have podcast show notes and links.
- If your website is bad, people won’t stick around.
- A fancy website and iTunes reviews can make your show look bigger than it is.
- Be consistently marketing your show on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- This is a social media scheduling tool that is $50 per month.
- Upload your content and set how often you want your posts shared on social media.
- Other options are Buffer and Hootsuite.
- Know that posts you create manually will get more views.
Graphic Design Tools
- Pic Monkey
- Relay That
- Unsplash (stock photos)
- VAs can be used to do the following busy work:
- Write your tweets, posts, blog posts
- Create graphics
- Upload to the scheduling platform
- Monitor engagement
- Create one for your podcast.
- Interact and engage in groups as a member.
- When you join a new group, it’s important to read the rules.
- The She Podcasts group is good for female podcasters.
Promote to Your Email List
- This is an action people often forget.
- Test and experiment with your email list.
- Regardless of how often you email, you must stay consistent.
- Email open rates are typically 5-10%.
- Stitcher Radio
- Google Play
- I Heart Radio
- Sound Cloud
Networking & Relationships
Go on Other Podcasts
- Choose podcasts in your niche as a guest.
Interview your listeners, clients, and peers.
- Celebrities on your podcast is not the secret to success.
- Be vulnerable and say things people aren’t saying.
- People share shows that move them and stand out.
Text ‘rock’ 72000
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Click to Tweet