On this episode of Rhodes to Success, I interview Rick Martinez, who is a veteran, registered nurse, writer, and successful entrepreneur. Rick sold his company, MedTrust for seven figures, and during this episode, discusses BizAcademy Online, money mindset, winner’s mindset, masterminds, and the 4 business fundamentals you won’t learn in business school.
Main Questions Asked:
- Why are people, passion, and profit the keys to greater impact and more reward?
- What are your thoughts around money mindset?
- How do you define and develop a winner’s mindset?
- How can people strengthen the winner’s mindset?
- What are the 4 business fundamentals you need to know about, and why won’t you learn them in business school?
- Talk about entrepreneurs and follow through.
Key Lessons Learned:
- Work less, make more, live with passion, and make money.
- We need to have a different internal conversation about money, because it’s okay to make money. It’s not about the money, but rather what you do with it.
- Being happy for people who have more will put you in an abundance mindset.
- Whether you own your business or are an employee, you need to get your mind ready to attack the day.
- This mindset starts with how you approach the day, starting from waking up to perception.
- When you know ‘why’ you are going to do what you do, it makes things easier.
- Rick starts his day with a ‘power hour,’ which includes reading something inspirational, clearing out his inbox, and reading his mantras.
- Our minds can quickly go to negative places, so it works to have positive mantras actually written down.
Tips for Winner’s Mindset
- It’s often difficult to keep energy flowing on our own and the power of accountability.
- Masterminds don’t always have to be for business owners. There are local Meetup groups.
- If you don’t have a mastermind group, then either seek one out or create one. Be the change you want to see.
- Wondering what you are doing, what your purpose is, and if you are on the right path happens to everyone.
- We all have days where the mindset goes off the deep end and negative mind chatter creeps in.
- Have an accountability partner you can call when you need a ‘mindset check.’
The 5 People
- We are the average of the 5 people we surround ourselves with. These don’t have to be people we aspire to be, but can be people we lead.
- Regardless of whether you are a business owner, you need to have mentors and trusted advisors in your life.
- Think of your advisors as a board of directors, as not everyone can give advise on every challenge.
- It’s not just about business; it’s about the balance of life.
The 4 Business Fundamentals
- Understanding vendors and clients.
- What is the long-term 3-5-year plan?
- How are you putting what you know about people and your business into action?
- Cash Flow
- Cash is king.
- Gross revenue is for vanity, and net revenue is for sanity.
Entrepreneurs & Follow Through
- Fail fast, fail cheap, and ask, “Is what I’m going to do a benefit in the long run, or am I doing this to satisfy my entrepreneur ego?”
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet