Welcome to Rock the Podcast! Hosts Jessica and Margy welcome Corey Coates, Chief Expectations Manager at Podfly Productions, to discuss these 3 questions…
● What’s the difference between a rebrand and a tune-up?
● What does it mean to rebrand?
● How do I rebrand my podcast?
This week’s missed connection is a ‘big whup’ from Corey who had never seen the moon before. Welcome to the Northeast, you wide-eyed Canadian.
What is Rebranding?
Rebranding is a complete overhaul of your podcast. The only thing you keep in place is the underlying architecture, i.e., the RSS feed, iTunes account, and your fans.
● Survey your audience and ask them what they like about your existing show.
● Consult with a professional.
● Cut out the crap.
● Do a sunset episode.
● Produce a few demo episodes before launching your new show.
What is a Tune-Up?
A tune-up generally happens at about six months in, or whenever your gut tells you your podcast is getting stale. It’s a review to figure out where some adjustments need to be made, to give your listeners the best content you can provide.
● Find someone with an objective ear who knows what they are doing.
● Pay attention to details.
● Consider if marketing is hindering your show.
● Be the best, most entertaining host you can be.