On this episode of Rhodes to Success, I interview Maura Sweeney, who considers herself an ‘accidental entrepreneur.’ Maura is an author, podcaster, international speaker, and Huffington Post contributor. She guides others on the path of living happy inside out. During this episode, we discuss homeschooling, involving children in business, giving and not getting, following your passion and living happy.
Main Questions Asked:
- Talk about your experience homeschooling.
- Talk about how you involved your daughter in your business and how that affected your family.
- What do you say to people who follow their passion but make no money?
- Where did you get your business savvy and marketing expertise?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Do what works well for you from the inside out.
- Do what you love, follow your passions, and your career path will follow.
- Some children aren’t suited to homeschooling, as they aren’t self-directed and need the teacher to assist.
- Homeschooling doesn’t have to be a permanent decision; you can take it year by year and see what works for you and your child.
Follow Your Passion
- This is about living from the inside out.
- Instead of trying to fit yourself into institutions that may not have a place for you, make your own path.
Give, Don’t Get
- Give out as much as you can.
- Get as much influence as you can.
- Eventually, the money will follow.
Don’t Give Up
- Most people don’t succeed because they give up too quickly.
- Things that are important to you are worth learning, pursuing, and honing.
- Take everything from your background and group it together in your own unique way to share and inspire.
- She left law school because she wasn’t happy and had a background in sales, management, and writing.
- Maura walked away from her business in order to have a mid-life career that allowed her to travel, use skills, and positively impact people.
- Don’t just ‘work it’ from one angle; work it from many!
- Become synonymous with your brand and passion.
- Recognize what you don’t know and don’t be afraid to ask people to show you.
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Links to Resources Mentioned
Living Happy Inside Out (Podcast)
Maura Sweeney (Huffington Post)
Click to Tweet