On this episode of Rhodes to Success, I interview Jeffrey Goodman, who has a long history of business successes including life as a fashion advertising photographer and developing a private practice in energy medicine. During this episode, we discuss the four communication styles and the four seasons of business.
Main Questions Asked:
- What are the four communication styles?
- Talk about the four seasons of businesses and the psychology.
- Why does more money and success happen in the fall season?
- Talk about businesses as ‘living beings.’
Key Lessons Learned:
The 4 Communication Styles
- In seeking to understand, we need to know how a person best likes to communicate.
- People have a natural tendency toward a primary and secondary communication type.
Communication and Business
- Often, employer/employee misunderstandings are due to different communication styles.
- Figure out how people communicate and how people learn.
- Just because a certain type of communication isn’t your natural way of doing something doesn’t mean you leave it out; it just means you need better tools or to outsource assistance.
The 4 Seasons of Business
- The seasons in business don’t match with the season of the year. This is philosophical rather than literal.
- Knowing the seasons help you leverage based on what season you are in.
- This is the period of getting a business started and planting the seeds.
- This is when you see the results of planting the seeds in spring.
- This is the harvest season, when business becomes successful.
- This is when all the money and success comes in.
- Just because it’s fall for your business doesn’t mean it’s fall in someone else’s business.
- The last thing to do when you’re on snow and ice is to have your foot on the pedal.
- Business is slow, so there is more time to relax and trust in your business and that you have done enough work to carry you through.
- Take time off from harvesting to take stock of the last three seasons.
- Leverage the quiet times to rebuild.
- This is a great time to give your website an annual makeover.
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet