Should you advertise on podcasts? On this episode of Rhodes to Success, I chat with Jessica Kupferman, owner of the JKM Agency. We talk about what podcasting agents do, the costs of advertising, live reads, what stats to ask for, call to action, exclusivity, and when to expect results.
Main Questions Asked:
- How do you make sure the podcaster doing the live read is doing your business justice?
- Is it appropriate to ask people for their download numbers when considering advertising on a show?
- How do you ensure the podcaster is doing everything they promised?
- What does an agent do?
- What kind of call to action should the ad read have?
- How long do I have to wait until I see results of advertising on podcasts?
- Should I want to be the only sponsor on a podcast with exclusivity in mind?
- What success stories have you heard?
- Getting interviewed on podcasts is a great way to grow your business.
- Content marketing strategy is where you put out free and actionable content people can use and implement in their business.
- This attracts people, as they want to ‘hang’ with you and can become clients.
- This can include blogging, videos, podcasts, emails, and newsletters.
- This is advertising your services and products with the goal of getting people to buy.
- As a business owner, start thinking about advertising on podcasts.
Advertising on Podcasts
- Who is your audience, and where do they hang out?
- How much can you afford?
- A $500 per month show has 7-10K downloads per month.
- If you don’t want to babysit your ad campaign, you need an ad agency.
Live Read Podcast Advertising
- The fear is putting your business message in someone else’s hands.
- Provide the host with live read copy points.
- It’s okay to ask someone their download numbers if you are considering advertising on their show.
What Stats to Ask For
- Downloads per month.
- Downloads per episode.
- Social media community reach (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Email).
Call to Action
- If the purpose is to get more sales, you need to mention the product, price, and coupon code.
- If it is brand awareness, a text call to action is effective.
How Long Until I See Results
- 70% of people are not in front of their computer when they are listening to a podcast.
- The key to results is repetition.
- The advert needs to be played 3-5 in a row. 12 is a good campaign.
- It’s okay to be one of a few, unless what you are offering is the same as the other advertisers on the show.
- At the most, podcasters aim for 4 adverts per show.
Text ‘rock’ 72000
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Click to Tweet