When it comes to podcasting a lot of people wonder if people are listening and if it’s worth their time. This episode of Rhodes to Success we discuss what really matters when it comes to audience size, what’s the truth behind audience stats, how to get your ducks in row, and what it means to be a great guest.
Key Lessons Learned:
Who Is Listening to Podcasts
- Even though 60% of Americans listen to podcasts, this doesn’t matter.
- What matters is how many people are actually listening to the podcast you might appear on.
- Not a lot of people are listening to the podcast you will realistically be interviewed on as a guest expert. This isn’t a bad thing!
The Real Audience Stats
- If you publish a podcast episode and a week later you have 150-170 downloads you have more listeners than more than 50% of the podcasts on iTunes.
- Download stats are not public so you never truly know what audience size a podcast has.
- The audiences and listeners you speak to are incredibly targeted and niche.
- Focus on whether or not the content is relevant and if the target audience of the podcast your target audience as well.
Get Your Ducks in a Row
- If you want to see results you have to have all the pieces lined up before you do your podcast interview.
- Ensure your content is relevant to the audience.
- Have a call to action that motivates listeners to go to your website.
- The website needs to be good enough so when people go there they hang out and stay connected.
Being a Great Guest
- Don’t be concerned with ‘what’ instead look at the ‘who’.
- Focus on relationships with the host before, during and after the interview.
- Over-deliver on value and make the host look good.
- Tailor your answers to the audience.
- Podcasting is a great way to have a conversation with a potential client whether that be the host or the audience.
- Enact the ‘serve first’ strategy.
Text ‘Rock’ to 72000 to register for webinar
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Click to Tweet