On this episode of Rhodes to Success, I interview Dr. Ken Nedd, who is a medical doctor and internationally renowned keynote speaker. Dr. Nedd specializes in behavioral sciences and stress management and serves as the president of the International Stress Control Center. During the show, we discuss awareness, focusing inward, trimming the stress, and happiness.
Main Questions Asked:
- What impact does doing something that doesn’t make one happy have on them?
- Do entrepreneurs have a bigger ability to be happier due to the flexible lifestyle?
- What can we do when we get past the point of stress prevention?
- Can different personalities be affected by these activities in different ways?
Key Lessons Learned:
How to Beat Stress
- Focus inward
- Learn to listen for deregulation
- The 50 trillion cells in the body have to be in a state of harmony.
- Build up levels of internal awareness and assess how you are feeling, thinking, and what you are doing.
- Awareness can be practiced.
- The greatest obstacle to health is not knowing and feeling where you are.
- One way to enhance happiness is to prevent disease. The greatest source for the prevention of disease is awareness and focusing inward.
- Remember, too much fire means you’ll end up burning out.
- As an entrepreneur, you can adjust your schedule and work in a way that makes you happy.
- Institute a physical and mental health preventative program.
Trim the Stress
T – Tense your body and breathe
R – Relax
I – Inwardly sweep tension out with awareness
M – Mantra (Ex. “My arms and legs and legs are heavy and warm.”)
What is Stress?
- Deal with stress by using happiness.
- Stress is not an event or being tired; it is your response to an event.
- Raise your perception by saying, “I can handle that.”
- Use the stress to do certain things such as TRIM.
- When you are happy, you have the secretion of certain chemicals in your body.
- By changing the outer action of your body, you can change the inner singles of the mind.
- Decide to be happy.
- Sleep for 7-8 hours per night.
- When you are angry at someone, write down 5 things you like about them, and the stress will dissipate.
Women who live long have three things:
3) Mastery of emotion (happiness)
A- Act as if you are happy
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet