On this episode of Rhodes to Success, I interview Dr. Carri Drzyzga who is known as ‘The Functional Medicine Doc’ and the go-to expert on finding the root causes of health problems. She is a chiropractor, a naturopathic doctor, the host of the Functional Medicine Radio show, and the author of Reclaim Your Energy and Feel Normal Again. During the show, we discuss entrepreneurial fatigue, the affects of coffee, how much water you should drink, and what the best diet is.
Main Questions Asked:
- Talk about marketing and what you are doing to grow your business.
- What inspired and motivated you to take your marketing online and work to reach people internationally?
- What are the things that entrepreneurs do that cause fatigue?
- How much water do people need to be drinking? Why? How does that affect our energy levels?
- Is there one kind of diet people should strive for, or does it depend on your body?
Key Lessons Learned:
- The medical profession doesn’t take fatigue that seriously.
- Carri has noticed that over the past decade, people are really looking for answers and getting much more involved in natural medicine.
- Within the traditional medical systems there are a lot of limitations, and people are discovering online health summits where people can learn and get answers quickly.
- Your number one business asset is your health.
- Get your story on paper and include it in your business.
- Being an author means you have a huge amount of creditability.
- There are only so many people you can help in your local community. So by taking your business and brand online, you’re able to reach a global market instantly.
- When your brand exists online, you never really know how far reaching your words will go.
- When you provide value, you attract more business.
- The top 1% is the top 1% because they are willing to do work that others aren’t.
- This is the brain-based fatigue that business owners and entrepreneurs suffer.
- Entrepreneurs end up at the point of fatigue through stress, working long hours, and not getting enough sleep, water, or eating properly.
- When you feel as though your brain is starting to slow down or your thoughts are getting fuzzy, that is when you should drink a large glass of water.
- Coffee is a short-term energy boost that in the long run drains the body of cortisol, which is the body’s main stress hormone.
- If you are draining cortisol, you will be less able to deal with stress.
How Much Water Should We Drink?
- To figure out how much water you should drink on a daily basis calculate your body weight in pounds and halve it. That is the amount of ounces of water you should drink every day.
- A typical glass of water is 8oz., and most people need around 10 glasses of water per day.
- A broad-based generic diet such as the paleo diet, aka the caveman diet, is the best.
- This is high in healthy fats and protein, low in carbs, and has lots of fiber.
- On the paleo diet, you aren’t eating grains, dairy, or legumes.
- This diet has removed the foods that are known to be the most allergenic, inflammatory, and bad for our health.
- People who often don’t do well on the paleo diet have a difficult time metabolizing the sulfur.
The music in today’s episode was written by The Danger Os and produced by Nick Palmer. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/thedangerosmakemusic
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet